Skip to content
IBM Cloud Essentials
- Introduction to IBM Cloud
- In this module, we’ll perform a high-level overview of the IBM Cloud. We’ll cover everything IBM Cloud, from where our data centers are located, to the types of services we have available, and how to check out your monthly bill.
- In this module, we’ll cover the various Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings that IBM Cloud has to offer. We’ll cover everything IaaS related, from servers to storage, to networking, and more.
- Deploying Applications
- A common option for running workloads on a cloud is to move up a level from accessing Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offerings to Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offerings, where the cloud provider delivers a managed platform to host your workloads. Unlike the IaaS offerings, with PaaS, you don’t worry about the underlying hardware, networking, storage, or operating system level issues. You concentrate on the application functionality and leave all the lower-level issues to the cloud provider to manage.
- Services on IBM Cloud
- IBM Cloud offers over 200 services in its catalog. In this module, we’ll cover eight of the most popular collection of services IBM Cloud has to offer. We’ll start with necessities like databases and move on to emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain. Read the description of each service below or go ahead and start the module if you’re already familiar with these technologies.
- Final Assignment
- In this module, you will complete a hands-on lab that will incorporate a few of the IBM Cloud services and methodologies that we have learned - DevOps, Watson Natural Language Understanding, and Cloud Foundry.