Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Foundations with Anthos
- Welcome to Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Foundations with Anthos!This is the first course of the Architecting Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure with Anthos path. Anthos enables you to build and manage modern applications, and gives you the freedom to choose where to run them. Anthos gives you one consistent experience in both your on-premises and cloud environments.During this course, you will be presented with modules that will take you through skills that you will use as an architect or administrator running Anthos environments. The modules in this course include videos, hands-on labs, and links to helpful documentation.
- Anthos Overview
- In this module, you learn about the challenges of hybrid
cloud and examine modern solutions. You also get an
overview of the Anthos technology stack.
- Managing Hybrid Clusters using Kubernetes Engine
- In this module, you learn about Anthos GKE hybrid environments, especially the concepts of Admin and User clusters. You learn to register and authenticate remote Anthos GKE clusters in GKE Hub. You also learn to use GKE Hub to manage registered clusters, in cloud and on-premises, and to view workloads in all clusters.
- Introduction to Service Mesh
- In this module, you will learn about the service mesh, and the problems it solves. You'll learn about Istio's architecture and components. You'll learn about the Istio on GKE add-on and its lifecycle, including how it compares to self-managed Istio. You'll learn about the flow of request network traffic in a service mesh. More practically, you'll create a GKE cluster with a service mesh. You'll configure a multi-service application with service mesh. You'll enable external access to this application using an ingress gateway. Throughout, you'll work with some example multi-service applications.