Human Health Risks, Health Equity, and Environmental Justice
- Week 1: Environmental Justice
- Welcome to Week 1! We start this week with an orientation to the course and our learning community. Then, we start our course by defining and discussing environmental justice, and exploring environmental justice issues in the U.S and around the world. Let’s find out more about environmental justice in the Week 1 module.
- Week 2: Vulnerable and Susceptible Populations
- Certain groups of people and communities are more susceptible and vulnerable to environmental health hazards than others. This means that equity and justice must be two main goals in developing policy approaches that address environmental injustices. Let’s find out about this in the Week 2 module.
- Week 3: Risk Assessment
- To evaluate potential environmental injustices, we can employ a four-step risk assessment process. What does this process entail, and how can it be applied in a real-life scenario? Let’s We’ll explore this in the Week 3 module.
- Week 4: Risk Management
- After employing a risk assessment, we can employ risk management to address and mitigate environmental injustices. What does the process of risk management involve, and how does it relate to risk assessment? Let’s find out the answers to these questions, and more, in Week 4, our last module.