HTML5 Coding Essentials and Best Practices
HTML5 is the standard language of the Web, developed by W3C. For application developers and industry, HTML5 represents a set of features that people will be able to rely on for years to come. HTML5 is supported on a wide variety of devices, lowering the cost of creating rich applications to reach users everywhere.
Whatever mobile phones, connected objects, game consoles, automobile dashboards, and devices that haven’t even been considered yet, HTML5 helps write once and deploy anywhere!
In this course, you will learn all the new HTML5 features to help create great Web sites and applications in a simplified but powerful way. HTML5 provides native support for video and audio without plug-ins, provides support for offline applications, for games with smooth interactive animations, and much more.
Week 1: HTML5 basics
- From HTML1.0 to HTML5
- New structural elements
- Other elements and attributes
Week 2: HTML5 multimedia
- Streaming multimedia content: the video and audio elements
- Subtitles and closed captions
- Enhanced HTML5 media players and frameworks
- Webcam, microphone: the getUserMedia API
Week 3: HTML5 graphics
- Basics of HTML5 canvas
- Immediate drawing mode: rectangles, text, images, etc.
- Path drawing mode: lines, circles, arcs, curves and other path drawing methods
- Colors, gradients, patterns, shadows, etc.
Week 4: HTML5 animations
- Basic animation techniques
- Canvas and user interaction
- A glimpse of advanced canvas functionalities
Week 5: HTML5 forms
- Introduction to HTML5 forms
- Accessible forms
- New input types
- New forms attributes
- New elements related to forms
- Form validation API
Week 6: HTML5 basic APIs
- Introduction to HTML5 APIs
- HTML5 cache
- The Web Storage API
- The File API
- The Geolocation API