How To Create a Website in a Weekend! (Project-Centered Course)
- Module 1: Prepping Your Site
- In Module 1 you will learn the mechanics of the internet, and start planning your own site. You'll articulate a purpose for your design and pick fonts and a color scheme to match. We won't use Wordpress yet; next module you will learn how to create your vision on the web.
- Module 2: Starting to work with Wordpress
- Module 2 contains the bulk of the work for this course. In this module you'll create an outline for your site, set up Wordpress, choose a theme and publish your first page. Then we'll show you how to add links to other pages on the internet.
- Module 3: Add Media, Social Media and Launch
- In Module 3 you'll add media such as images, videos and sound to your site. You'll also learn how to incorporate social media. Once you're happy with your site, you'll test it on mobile platforms and multiple browsers before you go public and start counting the visitors to your site.
- Module 4: Go Deeper with Further Customization
- Module 4 contains more resources for you to customize your site, with some information about backend programming such as CSS and HTML. We will be adding more resources as we (and some Coursera web developers) create them.