Skip to content
How Computers Work
- This week starts your journey into understanding computer science. You will think about how computer science can help you understand the technology you use every day and you will also learn one of the most important concepts in computer science: abstraction.
- State, modularity and applications
- In this week you will learn about the computer science concepts of state and modularity and how they can help you understand the computer applications that you use every day.
- This week you will learn about how computers communicate with each other over networks, including the internet. You will also learn about some of the security threats that the internet entails and how they can be avoided.
- How the web works
- In this week you will apply all of the computer science concepts you have learned in this course to understanding how modern websites work.