Hôtel “De l’étoile” – a hotel in crisis?
- Situational analysis
- In the module we will examine the very interesting case of Hotel de l’Etoile, a family owned, internationally branded, 300-bedroom hotel in the heart of Paris France. Although outwardly very successful, the property is struggling with profitability - something that owner Greg Sayer feels might be connected with its distribution, revenue management and demand management strategy....More information will be released progressively as you complete the assignments. Please, see the "Resources" tab of the videos unlocked after you will have done our peer assessment.
- Questionning the brand?
- Having completed your analysis, you should make a clear recommendation as to what the owners should do with regard to the brand in order to improve performance.
- Recommendations to the board Family
- Having completed your analysis and had feedback from your peers, it’s now time to make your recommendation as to what the hotel should actually do.
- Implementation of the strategy
- Assuming that the board approves your recommendation, and having had feedback from your peer, you next need to assess the operational implications of implementing your strategy.