Guidance to Keep Newborn Babies Safe and Healthy
- Safe Newborn Sleep
- In this module, we will talk all things infant sleep. The videos will cover what to expect with regard to infant sleep in the first month of life and ways to support and improve infant sleep. We will also review recommendations for safe sleep in infancy, including how to talk with parents about safe sleep and answer common questions.
- CAR SEAT SAFETY
- In this module, we will learn about child passenger safety for infants and young children. This module will cover basic child passenger safety information and provide some tips to educate caregivers on the correct use of car seats, best practice recommendations, and where to find resources in their community to support transporting a child safely.
- TEMPERAMENT AND COLIC
- In this module we will learn about temperament which is a way of understanding how a person approaches the world. The module also encourages the learner to consider how different temperamental styles interact and how this can impact the parent-child relationship. The module will review typical infant crying, the importance of coregulation, and strategies for soothing a fussy baby.
- BREASTFEEDING AND FORMULA FEEDING
- In this module we will help you learn about how to support and advocate for breastfeeding. Breastfeeding has many benefits for mother and baby but unfortunately mothers experience challenging in the early weeks. Key questions can help you figure out what issues need to be addressed. Sore nipples and worries about low milk are main concerns in terms of breastfeeding the early weeks. We will teach you about how to manage engorgement, sleepy feedings, tongue tie and mastitis. Return to work or school can be another obstacle to breastfeeding duration so we will offer some strategies to help you support mothers.