Fundraising and Development Foundations
- Fundraising and Philanthropy
- In this module, you will be able to discuss fundraising terminology and be confident interacting with others in the field. You will be able to describe the ethical principles that guide development and fundraising and build a foundation in the development process. You will be able to describe and distinguish between several different types of campaigns, and various ways you can raise money.
- Case for Support, Prospect Identification, and Annual Giving
- In this module, you will be able to define and describe the components of an effective case statement, and be able to distinguish between an organizations vision, goals, and objectives. You will be able to create variations on your case statement, and identify potential prospects for your organization. You will be able to discuss annual giving campaigns and be able to plan and build a base of support for your organization's fundraising programs.
- Major Gift, Planned Giving, Foundations and Corporate Giving Programs
- In this module, you will be able to differentiate between major gifts and planned giving. You will be given an overview of the major gift process and then be able to discuss how to cultivate and solicit major donors. You will be able to identify how to establish a planned giving program and potential prospects. You will identify the role that foundation and corporate support plays in a development program and be able to describe the basics of the grant writing process.
- Donor Relations and Fundraising Campaigns
- In this module, you will be able to describe the four pillars of a donor relations program. You will be able to differentiate the various types of fundraising campaigns and identify the essential building blocks for running a successful fundraising campaign. You will be able to write a proposal letter to solicit funds for a charity event that your organization is hosting.