Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau
- Data Visualization and Its Importance
- In this module, you will be able to define what data visualization is and discuss why it’s so important. You will listen to an interview with Dr. Ben Shneiderman, a modern pioneer of data visualization. You will be able to define interactive visualization and install Tableau Public so you can start to get acquainted with it for the next module. You will be able to make a simple viz so you can clearly see what skills are used in the process.
- Getting to Know Tableau for Data Visualization
- In this module, you will be able to identify and describe the various parts that make up the welcome screen, worksheet screen, and dashboard screen.
- Let's Make a Viz!
- In this module, you’ll be able to identify potential questions to answer with a given dataset. You will be able to make three different charts: a line chart, a tree map, and a bar chart. You will be able to create a dashboard with those charts, and be able to add some simple dashboard interactions.
- Tableau Community Projects and Visualization Best Practices
- In this module, you will be able to discuss where to get help. You will also be able to discuss where to go for inspiration and how to get involved in the Tableau community. You will be able to discuss and apply 5 data visualization best practice and participate in a #MakeoverMonday project.