Framework for Data Collection and Analysis
- Research Designs and Data Sources
- The first course in the specialization provides an overview of the topics to come. This module walks you through the process of data collection and analysis. Starting with a research question and a review of existing data sources, we cover survey data collection techniques, highlight the importance of data curation, and discuss some basic features that can affect your data analysis when dealing with sample data. Issues of data access and resources for access are introduced in this module.
- Measurements and Analysis Plan
- In this module we will emphasize the importance of having a well-specified research question and analysis plan. We will provide an overview over the various data collection strategies, a variety of available modes for data collection and some thinking on how to choose the right mode.
- Quality Framework
- In this module you will be introduced to a general framework that allows you to not only understand each step required for a successful data collection and analysis, but also helps you to identify errors associated with different data sources. You will learn some metrics to quantify each potential error, and thus you will have tools at hand to describe the quality of a data source.
- Application of TSE Framework to Existing Surveys
- In this module we introduce a few surveys across a variety of topics. For each we highlight data collection features. The surveys span a variety of topics. We challenge you to think about alternative data sources that can be used to gather the same information or insights.