Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design
- Introducing user experience design
- User experience (UX) designers focus on the experience that users have while using products like websites, apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions useful, enjoyable, and accessible. In the first part of this course, you'll be introduced to the world of UX and the factors that contribute to great user experience design. You'll understand the job of a UX designer and teams that UX designers often work with. You’ll also get to know more about the expectations of the Google UX Design Certificate.
- Getting to know common terms, tools, and frameworks in UX design
- UX designers always put the user first. In this part of the course, you'll be introduced to user-centered design and other common frameworks that UX designers use on-the-job. You'll also learn about the importance of equity and accessibility when designing. In addition, you'll learn how to think across platforms to design seamless user experiences.
- Joining design sprints
- UX designers often participate in design sprints to define the direction of a product. In this part of the course, you'll explore the world of design sprints, including the phases of a design sprint and how to plan and participate in one. You'll also learn about retrospectives, which is a way to constructively reflect on a design sprint and identify areas of improvement to implement next time.
- Building a professional presence
- As the digital world continues to expand, companies recognize that designing good user experiences is a necessity, which is why UX design is a high-growth and in-demand job field. The key to landing one of those UX design jobs is a strong portfolio and online presence. In this part of the course, you'll start to create a portfolio to showcase your upcoming work. You'll also learn about the importance of having a personal brand and building an online presence.