Foundations of Digital Marketing and E-commerce
- Introduction to foundations of digital marketing and e-commerce
- You’ll find out what’s in store for Course 1 and the whole certificate program. You’ll also learn about the Coursera platform, procedures, and content types, and meet other learners in the program. Then, you’ll learn about digital marketing and e-commerce basics, the tasks that people who work in these fields do, and the transferable skills you might already have. Finally, you’ll get some tips for embarking on careers in this field.
- The customer journey and the marketing funnel
- You will learn what digital marketing and e-commerce roles and departments do within organizations and how they create value. You’ll also be introduced to marketing concepts, like the customer journey and the marketing funnel, that form the basis for much of what these roles do.
- Digital marketing and e-commerce strategy
- You will explore the relationship between digital marketing and branding, and how businesses can leverage both to be successful. You’ll investigate the elements of a digital marketing strategy, including goal setting, channel selection, and content planning. Then you’ll learn about commonly used channels and platforms, like search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), display advertising, social media marketing, and email marketing.
- Measure performance success
- You will learn the importance of measuring results and common metrics to track. You’ll also examine how digital marketers and e-commerce specialists use data to assess and improve performance and tell stories with data. You’ll end the course by participating in optional content if you’re interested in preparing for a job search.