Foundations for Excellence in Teaching Online
Whether you’re new to teaching online or are looking for new teaching strategies to implement in your online class, our goal is that you find value in this carefully constructed experience we’ve designed for you. This learning experience is adapted from ASU’s flagship workshop for ASU Online faculty, called "Master Class for Teaching Online".
In this self-paced experience, you’ll learn about topics that are recognized to be effective in online teaching, yet they really can be applied in any modality. So if you’re teaching remotely, in a hybrid format, or in a traditional classroom, our goal is that you’ll learn something new that you can apply immediately.
Even though this is an on-demand and self-paced resource, we encourage you to join the community forums created specifically for this experience. You will have an opportunity to contribute by sharing your own ideas and philosophies around provided prompts. It's a great way to connect to a broader teaching and learning community and to the knowledge and experiences that reside with your fellow participants.
This course is NOT edX platform training. It is designed to facilitate peer sharing of strategies for designing and teaching online courses.
- Module 0 - Course Orientation
- Activities: Syllabus Knowledge Check
- Module 1 - Building a Learning Community
- Activities: Discussion, Community Building Activity, Knowledge Check
- Module 2 - Online Student Success
- Activities: Discussions (two), Knowledge Check
- Module 3 - Effective Discussions
- Activities: Discussion, Knowledge Check
- Module 4 - Course Content and Quality
- Activities: Course Content Alignment Activities (two), Knowledge Check
- Module 5 - Course Design and Content Development
- Activities: Discussion, Worksheet, Knowledge Check
- Module 6 - Instructor Presence and Action Plan
- Activities: Instructor Presence Video Script (Peer Review), Reflection & Action Plan (Self Assessment), Knowledge Check
- Module 7 - Course Wrap Up
- Activities: End of Course Survey
- Fecha Incio:04/05/2020
- Idioma: Inglés
- Universidad: Arizona State University
- Profesores: Diane Ellison, Renee Pilbeam and Vicki Harmon
- Certificado: Si