Evaluation of Digital Health Interventions
- Data considerations for Digital Health
- During this week, the focus will be on data considerations for digital health. This will be illustrated through examples around electronic disease surveillance and strategies for the extraction of medical data and how to present it. We will get you to think about what aspects of this would be challenging in your own context. The focus of the module then moves onto data visualisation with key case studies and examples of how to interrogate large datasets to examples of data visualisation. There will be a specific activity for you to do in this module in Tableau on visualising data.
- Real world research: A Proof-of-concept study and translational research
- In this week, you will learn about real world case studies to improve real-time data collection and monitoring for Ebola building and the use of process evaluation to evaluate this intervention. You will then hear about interesting ways that data can be routinely used in healthcare with examples from the UK National Health Service.
- Methods for evaluating Digital Health interventions
- This module focuses on methods for evaluating digital health interventions and you will focus on experimental and quasi-experimental evaluation approaches that can be applied to evaluating digital health interventions. You will then be introduced to real-world examples of some of these approaches and key considerations for randomised control trials. You will then focus on a specific example of methodological concerns of an evaluation of a digital medicine system, the limitations of this study and the NICE Evidence Framework.
- Frameworks and Models for Evaluation
- In this week, you will learn about frameworks and models for evaluation, what robust trials are and examples of these, logic models and how to design a statistical analysis plan.