English in America: A Linguistic History
Follow a Professor of Linguistics to trace the history of our language from the Jamestown settlement to our modern era of mass immigration, globalization, and Internet communication.
- 1: Defining American English Dialects
- 2: The Foundations of American English
- 3: From English in America to American English
- 4: The Rise of American Language Standards
- 5: Where Is General American English?
- 6: Mapping American Dialects
- 7: Ethnicity and American English
- 8: African American English
- 9: Mobility, Media, and Contemporary English
- 10: The History of American Language Policy
- 11: Latino Language and Dialects in America
- 12: Where Is American English Headed?
- Fecha Incio:15/02/2021
- Idioma: Inglés
- Universidad: Harvard
- Profesores: Natalie Schilling, PhD
- Certificado: Si