Skip to content
English for Journalism
- Unit 1: Introduction and Principles of Journalism
- In this unit, you will first learn about how the course works. Then we will explore the history of journalism, as well as important principles, or ideas, that make good journalism possible.
- Unit 2: How to Research, Pitch, and Interview
- This unit will show you how journalists choose their topics and stories. You will also learn how journalists research their stories and interview their sources.
- Unit 3: Words in Print
- This unit will help you to write briefly and with emphasis, create a lead that makes the audience want to read more, and effectively edit and proofread article drafts. At the end of the unit, you will create a lead and write an article based on that lead.
- Unit 4: Broadcasting the News
- In this unit, we will focus on speaking skills for delivering the news. At the end of the unit, you will write a script for a news report.
- Unit 5: Journalism in the Digital Age
- The final unit of this course discusses how journalism is changing fast because of digital technologies. At the end of the unit, you will describe data about the news and complete a reflection assignment that allows you to think about and discuss the recent changes to the field of journalism.