Engineering of Structures: Tension
- Introduction to Tension
- This module explores tension and its importance in building structures.
- Angles, Funicular Forms, and Bridges
- This module explores funicular forms, angles, and bridges. You will understand the role of funicular forms in sustaining tension, how to best design elements and systems that resist tensile forces. You will also understand the similarities and differences between suspension bridges and cable-stayed bridges
- Building a Cable-stayed Bridge
- This module explores how to build a cable-stayed bridge. You'll also study the structures of different bridges and share a report on them.