Energy Justice: Fostering More Equitable Energy Futures
- Introduction to the Course and to the Landscape of Energy Justice
- This module lays the groundwork for the course, overviewing objectives and approach, meeting one another, and taking a look at our own positionality. It also establishes the imperative for combating energy injustice and defines energy justice, exploring its roots in environmental justice and as a response to structural inequity.
- Energy Systems and Justice Frameworks
- This module presents energy systems as human and social (as well as physical), invites students to explore their own energy systems, and explores and applies core principles of energy justice.
- Creating More Just Energy Systems
- This module draws on researchers and practitioners to present varied case studies of energy justice and injustice, identifies and reviews a range of tools and toolkits useful for addressing energy injustice, and helps launch students on the next stage of integrating EJ approaches in their own professional and civic lives.