Diversity and Inclusion in Education
- Week 1: Introduction to the Course and Conceptualising diversity in education
- This week focuses on Conceptualising Diversity and Difference in education.
- Week 2: Responding to diversity in education
- This week focuses on Inclusion in Education and different ways of responding to student diversity.
- Week 3: Experiencing diversity in education: barriers and facilitators
- This week introduces different approaches to analyse educational contexts and educational responses: the medical, and social models, and the biopsychosocial approach. It also focuses on student voice and student experiences of inclusion and exclusion in education.
- Week 4: Developing inclusive, equitable quality education for All
- This week focuses on different responses to student diversity and their role in developing inclusive education: inclusive educators, individualised planning, differentiation, Inclusive Pedagogies, Universal Design for Learning. It also provides a short introduction to the challenges and resources to teaching different groups of students.