Skip to content
- What makes an online presence effective?
- In week 1 we provide information on how to engage with the course as well as our Twitter account, using #DFMOOC. This week, we will introduce you to the topic of Digital Footprint. There are a range of activities, videos and resources for you to work through. By the end of week 1, you will have the opportunity to critically reflect on your own online presence and consider how you can make better informed choices as well as setting appropriate personal goals around your digital footprint.
- Why does your digital footprint matter?
- This week, there is a range of experts who focus on why a digital footprint matters and how to create an effective online presence. The themes explored include data after death, privacy online and managing your online data. The activity and quizzes will help you to consider your own online presence and what you might do to make it more effective and work for you!
- What does it mean to be an effective online professional?
- This week, we examine the idea of a professional online presence and what this might mean for different people and professions. Understanding whether your personal and professional online presence should blur or be kept separate can be a challenge. We will hear from experts in Business, Nursing, Science, Education, and a Careers Consultant. They will provide useful advice on what you can do to make your online presence more professional and potentially help you with finding a job, standing out from the crowd, complying with professional bodies' guidelines, and much more. The activities, including the quizzes and peer assessment will help you to reflect on your own online presence. There will also be an opportunity to get advice from your peers and consider putting into action what you have learned during this course.