Digital design with FPGAs
- Module 1. Combinational logic
- In this part we consider the basic building blocks for logic functions implementation: various combinational logic. Also we start with VHDL language key syntax constructions and perform 4 labs with Xilinx FPGA Artix7, using Vivado IDE.
- Module 2. Sequential logic
- In this part we introduce basic storage elements, which allow to create sequential logic blocks and finally - any synchronous digital device. We continue learning VHDL syntax constructs. Four labs more appear in this part.
- Module 3. Fixed-point and floating-point numbers
- In this part fixed- and floating-point numbers representation and operations on them are considered. This is important for deeper understanding on what goes with numbers inside FPGA. Two labs and more VHDL syntax constructs appear in this part too.
- Module 4. FPGA specific
- In this part we have deeper view on the processes, which occur inside FPGAs. We consider several advanced topics about static timing analysis, metastability, resetes and overall performance and resource consumption. Finally we summarise with general ideas about development for FPGAs. We also have two final labs here.