Developing AI Applications on Azure
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- This module introduces Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning. Next, we talk about machine learning types and tasks. This leads into a discussion of machine learning algorithms. Finally we explore python as a popular language for machine learning solutions and share some scientific ecosystem packages which will help you implement machine learning. By the end of this unit you will be able to implement machine learning models in at least one of the available python machine learning libraries.
- Standardized AI Processes and Azure Resources
- This module introduces machine learning tools available in Microsoft Azure. It then looks at standardized approaches developed to help data analytics projects to be successful. Finally, it gives you specific guidance on Microsoft's Team Data Science Approach to include roles and tasks involved with the process. The exercise at the end of this unit points you to Microsoft's documentation to implement this process in their DevOps solution if you don't have your own.
- Azure Cognitive APIs
- This module introduces you to Microsoft's pretrained and managed machine learning offered as REST API's in their suite of cognitive services. We specifically implement solutions using the computer vision api, the facial recognition api, and do sentiment analysis by calling the natural language service.
- Azure Machine Learning Service: Model Training
- This module introduces you to the capabilities of the Azure Machine Learning Service. We explore how to create and then reference an ML workspace. We then talk about how to train a machine learning model using the Azure ML service. We talk about the purpose and role of experiments, runs, and models. Finally, we talk about
Azure resources available to train your machine learning models with. Exercises in this unit include creating a workspace, building a compute target, and executing a training run using the Azure ML service.
- Azure Machine Learning Service: Model Management and Deployment
- This module covers how to connect to your workspace. Next, we discuss how the model registry works and how to register a trained model locally and from a workspace training run. In addition, we show you the steps to prepare a model for deployment including identifying dependencies, configuring a deployment target, building a container image. Finally, we deploy a trained model as a webservice and test it by sending JSON objects to the API.