Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Primitives
- The first module explores some key primitives such as how Ethereum transactions occur including the differences between externally owned accounts and contract accounts. We then explore fungible and non-fungible (NFT) tokens and miner extractable value.
- Supply and Ownership
- The second module focuses on supply adjustment (minting and burning), the atomic nature of transactions in Ethereum, as well as incentives. The concept of a keeper in the Ethereum ecosystem is introduced.
- Loans and Swaps
- The third module introduces decentralized exchange and explores in considerable detail Automated Market Makers. The module also introduces the idea of collateralized loans as well as uncollateralized flash loans.
- Joining the World of DeFi
- The final module shows step-by-step how to set up a MetaMask wallet allowing the student to join the world of DeFi. The second part of the module conducts a deep dive into some of the key blockchain concepts such as digital signatures and consensus mechanisms (including Proof of Stake).