DDoS Attacks and Defenses
- DDoS Attacks
- In this MOOC, you will learn the history of DDoS attacks, get an in-depth look at the characteristics new Mirai IoT Malware attack. You will know how to analyze the Mirai source code and understand its design and implementation details. You will also see how forensic evidences pointed where it was designed. By the end of the course, you are able to take a new DDoS malware and perform detailed analysis and collect forensic evidences.
- DDoS Defenses
- In this module, you will be provided a brief overview of Basic DDoS Defense techniques. By the end of this course, you should be able to deploy firewall features to reduce the impact of DDoS on your system and develop strategies for dealing with future DDoS attacks.
- DDoS Defense Systems and Techniques
- In this module, you learn an Autonomous Anti-DDoS Network called A2D2 suitable for small/medium size business to deal DDoS defense. A2D2 uses Linux Firewall Rate limiting and Class Based Queueing, and subnet flood detection to handle various DDoS traffic types. You learn how to analyze effectiveness of these different defense mechanisms. By the end of this course, you should be able to deploy firewall features to reduce the impact of DDoS on your system and develop strategies for dealing with future DDoS attacks.
- Intrusion Tolerance with Proxy-based Multipath Routing
- In this module you learn a new Intrusion tolerance paradigm with proxy-based multipath routing for DDoS defense. You learn the development of such new security mechanism also improves the performance and reliability of the system, and does not have to be just an overhead.