Skip to content
- Course Orientation
- You will become familiar with the course, your classmates, and our learning environment. The orientation will also help you obtain the technical skills required for the course.
- Week 1: The Computer and the Human
- In this week's module, you will learn what data visualization is, how it's used, and how computers display information. You'll also explore different types of visualization and how humans perceive information.
- Week 2: Visualization of Numerical Data
- In this week's module, you will start to think about how to visualize data effectively. This will include assigning data to appropriate chart elements, using glyphs, parallel coordinates, and streamgraphs, as well as implementing principles of design and color to make your visualizations more engaging and effective.
- Week 3: Visualization of Non-Numerical Data
- In this week's module, you will learn how to visualize graphs that depict relationships between data items. You'll also plot data using coordinates that are not specifically provided by the data set.
- Week 4: The Visualization Dashboard
- In this week's module, you will start to put together everything you've learned by designing your own visualization system for large datasets and dashboards. You'll create and interpret the visualization you created from your data set, and you'll also apply techniques from user-interface design to create an effective visualization system.