Data-driven Decision Making
- Introduction to Data Analytics
- In this module, you'll learn the basics of data analytics and how businesses use to solve problems. You'll learn the value data analytics brings to business decision-making processes. We’ll introduce you to a framework for data analysis and tools used in data analytics. Finally, we’re going to talk about careers and roles in data analytics and data science. Note: Video transcripts are auto generated and may contain spelling and punctuation errors.
- Technology and types of data
- This module is an introductory look at big data and big data analytics where you will learn the about different types of data. We’ll also introduce you to PwC's perspective on big data and explain the impact of big data on businesses. Finally we will name some of the different types of tools and technologies used to gather data.
- Data analysis techniques and tools
- In this module we will describe some of the tools for data analytics and some of the key technologies for data analysis. We will talk about how visualization is important to the practice of data analytics. Finally we will identify a variety of tools and languages used and consider when those tools are best used.
- Data-driven decision making project
- The course project will give you an opportunity to practice what you have learned. You will participate in a simulated business situation in which you will select the best course of action. You will then prepare a final deliverable which will be evaluated by your peers. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to provide feedback on your peer's submissions.