Data Analysis and Presentation Skills: the PwC Approach Final Project
- Understanding the Business Problem
- In this course, you will be using the skills you’ve been developing throughout the series of PwC courses to create and present a deliverable for a client.You’re going to determine your approach for analysis, use the information provided by the client to conduct an analysis, determine the best way to show your findings and then develop a plan to deliver your results and recommendations to the client in a video presentation.In this course, you will be acting as a consultant interacting with a client, Electric Growers. The client needs your strong data analytics and Excel skills to analyze data and help them make smart decisions to enable the company’s move into the security devices and services market. Each week, the client, represented by Michele Tran, a Vice President of Operations from Electric Growers, and the management team, will ask you to use and analyze the data, provided by the client, to answer a series of questions that will help them make decisions.You’ll receive peer feedback that you can use to enhance future presentations. This course was created by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP with an address at 300 Madison Avenue, New York, New York, 10017.
- Analyzing the Business Problem
- This week, you will be using the results of last week’s analysis to come up with some hypotheses. You will be answering questions such as: Who are the ideal customers that should be targeted? How should they be approached to maximize the sales of the client’s new home security systems? Using the data, figure out the attributes of the customer who wants to install an advanced, hi-tech security system and the attributes of a person who would switch security system providers. Continue to use the knowledge you’ve acquired in the other courses that you’ve taken in this series.
- Creating a visual representation of your analysis results
- This week, the client has more questions for you to answer to further develop the profile of potential customers. This includes finding which cities to target and how to evaluate them. You will have access to crime rates, population, housing growth city wide data and segmentation distribution dumps to help in your analysis.
- Building a presentation for the client meeting
- This week, you will be taking your findings and detailed analysis on plans to launch the new home security system and put them into a PowerPoint presentation deck for Michele Tran and the management team. The presentation should be about 10 slides and should follow the guidelines and best practices of presenting to a client that were covered in the earlier courses within this specialization. Ms. Tran wants to review it and give you feedback, if needed, before having it presented to the management team.This is a chance to use what you learned about creating a presentation, using PowerPoint tools, creating charts and other methods of enhancing a presentation.
- Presenting your results to the client
- This week, Ms. Tran has reviewed your draft presentation so it is now time to refine and make changes or additions to enhance the presentation before presenting it to the management team via video.
Once you’ve finalized your presentation, you will present it in a video using your smartphone or computer. When you’re satisfied with the PowerPoint presentation and video, you will be submitting both for peer review. You can use this feedback for current and future presentations that you will make during your career.