Dashboarding and Deployment
- From Data to Visual Understanding
- Now that you know the primary visualization methods and how to address the action and interaction patterns necessary for visual analytics, it’s time to put it all together. What are the principles of good dashboard design and how do you determine the most effective dashboard to communicate your story? In this module, we’ll take a look at the considerations and processes for creating an analytical dashboard.
- Analytical Dashboarding
- After the target audience, objectives, and principles have been clearly defined, creating the dashboard itself is less of a technical exercise and more of a design challenge. This module brings all these elements together into a unified analytical environment. You’ll begin to put everything together in Tableau and design your dashboard.
- Deploying and Publishing
- In the past, deploying and publishing visual analytics was challenging for many organizations. The underlying data management and engineering pipelines were much less capable than today’s backend systems. In this module, we’ll investigate what to do as new analytical platforms enter the market and mature over time, how to stand out as a data visualization expert, and discuss considerations for creating custom visualizations.
- Going Beyond
- Consider what you’ve learned so far in this specialization. How might you use geospatial analysis or network analysis in your data science workflow? In addition, how might you design visuals to explain how data has changed over time? In this module, we’ll briefly discuss advanced features that can be used to answer these questions in Tableau. As you reflect on the course content, you will also finalize your capstone project, making use of storytelling principles and best practices for focusing and decluttering, and develop an information layout.