Curanderismo: Traditional Healing of the Mind, Energy & Spirit
Descripción del Curso
As the third of four courses on Curanderismo, the art of Hispanic/Latino traditional medicine, this course focuses specifically on traditional healing of mind, energy and spirit. As an educational and cultural platform, this course will share a number of traditional body therapies. Trained traditional healers will share their knowledge of cleansings from different cultures such as spiritual, energetic and Tonalli Cleansing.
Learners will not become certified traditional healers at the completion of this course but will be able apply basic principles or traditional medicine for health and illnesses. They will become familiar specifically with the traditional therapy of the sweat lodge temazcal, laugh therapy risaterapia and they will learn about the creation of sacred spaces and healing grief through Día de los Muertos.
The Final Curanderismo course will be:
• Global and Cultural Influences of Traditional Healing: African traditional medicine from Uganda and Gabon; Afro-Latino from Cuba and Puerto Rico, Native American spiritual cleansings and Mayan acupuncture and other topics.
- Curanderismo: The Art of Traditional Medicine without Borders by Eliseo Torres
- Curandero: Traditional Healers of Mexico and the Southwest by Eliseo Torres with Imanol Miranda
Where to buy:
Curandero: A life in Mexican Folk Healing by Eliseo Torres & Tim Sawyer
Healing with Herbs & Rituals: A Mexican Tradition, Eliseo Torres, edited by Tim Sawyer
Where to buy:
- Blubrry podcast - https://www.blubrry.com/normallol/41068835/normal-lol-63-depersonalization-mental-wellness-curanderismomexican-traditional-healing-with-eliseo-cheo-torres/
- Itunes Episode 63 - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/normal-lol-depersonalization-derealization-anxiety/id1065740418?mt=2