COVID-19 Contact Tracing For Nursing Professionals
- Overview of COVID-19
- COVID-19 is highly infectious caused by SARS-CoV-2 and can be spread by people with little or no symptoms. In this module we will cover the epidemiology and transmission of COVID-19 as well as offer more information about vaccines, vaccine development and treatment.
- Public Health in the Era of COVID-19
- Diagnosing and investigating health problems and hazards in the community is an essential public health function and contact tracing is an invaluable part of this strategy. This module will explore effective communication skills, building rapport, and demonstrating cultural sensitivity and empathy in contact tracing.
- Contact Tracing 101
- The process of contact tracing consists of four interrelated steps: reporting, investigation, identification, and follow-up. This module will describe the skills required to conduct COVID-19 contact investigation and elaborate on the systematic approach to conducting such an investigation.
- Ethical Issues and Special Populations
- As a contact tracer, you will likely interview with individuals with diverse backgrounds. This module explores the impact of COVID-19 in special populations such as people of color, low-income, and the elderly to help you develop trust within the communities where the contact tracing is being conducted