Skip to content
- Ch 4.1: Switch Realization
- How to implement the switches using transistors and diodes, including applications having bidirectional power flow or ac outputs.
- Ch 4.2: Power Semiconductor Switches
- Basics of power semiconductor switches, including the origins of switching times and switching loss. How to incorporate switching loss into equivalent circuit models. MOSFETs, IGBTs, and gate driver considerations.
- Ch 5: Discontinuous Conduction Mode
- The discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) arising from unidirectional switch realization. Analysis of mode boundaries and output voltage.
- Ch 6: Converter Circuits
- Some well-known converter circuits and their origins. How to incorporate transformer isolation into a dc-dc converter. Analysis and equivalent circuit modeling of transformer-isolated converters.