Skip to content
- Introduction To The Construction Finance Course
- Professor Ibrahim Odeh provides an overview of the Construction Finance course, and introduces the guest speakers.
- The Mathematics of Money
- Professor Ibrahim Odeh discusses the Mathematics of Money beginning with a definition of the Time Value of Money. Calculating simple and compound interest rates are covered along with distinguishing between nominal and effective interest rates. Illustrated in this module is drawing a cash flow diagram.
- Real Estate Finance for Development Projects
- Professor Anthony Webster introduces real estate finance providing an overview of the real estate project lifecycle, a discussion on zoning code parameters, and examples of estimating the sales price of a property.
- Financial Plans for Development Projects
- Professor Anthony Webster provides an in-depth look at designing and building commercial real estate by looking at financial plans. The module ends with a deep dive into decision tree analysis.
- Project Finance
- Professor Bob Dewing discusses project finance and provides an overview of Global Project Finance. The roles of stakeholders in project finance is reviewed in depth.
- Risk In Project Finance
- Eduardo Gamez discusses risk in project financing outlining the different entities involved in a transaction for a project.
- Public - Private Partnerships
- Karl Reichert introduces public and private partnerships.
- Lean in Construction Financing
- Sam Spata provides an overview of Lean in Construction Financing and describes how to identify and mitigate risk using Lean Project Delivery Systems.
- Course Wrap-up
- Professor Ibrahim Odeh wraps-up the Construction Finance course and discuss the Construction Management specialization.