Computer Vision Fundamentals with Watson and OpenCV
- Simple Ideal Gas Property Relations
- Module 1 starts an exploration of systems for which intermolecular forces are not important. This is done by evaluating the appropriate partition functions for translational, rotational, vibrational and/or electronic motion. In this module we explore pure ideal gases including monatomic, diatomic and polyatomic species. We also explore literature sources of properties and empirical estimation methods.
- In Module 2 we discuss both non-reacting and reacting ideal gas mixtures as both have many industrial applications. Computational methods for calculating equilibrium properties are introduced.
- Photon and Electron Gases
- Interestingly, in addition to normal low density gases, photons and electrons in metals can be described as though they are ideal gases and so we discuss them.