Completing the Accounting Cycle
- Adjusting Entries & Adjusted Trial Balance
- Welcome to the first module of the course! We begin this course at the fifth step of the accounting cycle "Record and Post Adjusting Entries". We will begin by discussing when adjusting entries are required, including a review of the four major categories of adjusting entries. In the module activity you will have the opportunity to record your own adjusting journal entries and prepare an adjusted trial balance.
- The Worksheet
- Welcome to the second module of the course! In this module we take a quick break from the steps of the accounting cycle to introduce a new tool called the worksheet. By the end of this module, you will be able to create a 10 column worksheet on your own while applying your knowledge of adjusting entries from Module 1
- Creating & Analyzing Financial Statements
- Welcome to Module 3! In this module we return to the accounting cycle with a singular focus on step 7 "Prepare Financial Statements". By the end of this module you will be able to prepare an income statement, a retained earnings statement, and a balance sheet.
- Closing Entries & The Post-Closing Trial Balance
- Welcome to the fourth and final module of the course. In this module we complete the final three steps in the accounting cycle. We will start by reviewing the procedure for recording the four closing entries. Then, we will walkthrough the steps of preparing the post-closing trial balance. This brings us to the final step of the accounting cycle, starting the new fiscal year!