Children Acquiring Literacy Naturally
- Week 1 Introduction, Challenges, and Language
- Universal literacy, differences between spoken and written language, models of perception and processing, and implications of natural acquisition of reading.
- Week 2 Acquiring Spoken and Written Language
- Influences on language learning, iconicity, recognition skills of infants, visual processes in reading, and rapid serial visual processing.
- Week 3 Reading, Early Reading, and Technological Innovations
- The nature of reading, reading myths, current approaches to teaching reading, demographics of literacy and illiteracy, and technological innovations.