Character Design for Video Games
- Week 1: About Character
- In this first week of the course, we will explore some of the major concepts involved in creating compelling, unique, and purposeful characters. These ideas will provide the basis for your assignment this week and lay the groundwork for our visits with professional designers in the coming weeks.
- Week 2: Technical Challenges
- This week, we visit Andy Ristaino, a character designer who has created many of the ingenious characters for the animated series Adventure Time.
- Week 3: Design with Purpose
- This week, we visit Jacky Ke Jiang, an animator who has worked as a character designer for both Disney Feature Animation and in video games. Jacky will discuss working in both 2D and 3D modes as he completes his challenges.
- Week 4: Find Your Character
- This week, we see Robertryan Cory in action. Cory is an a character designer known for his work on shows like SpongeBob SquarePants, Ren & Stimpy, and Gravity Falls.