Capstone Design Project in Power Electronics
Learners will design a DC-DC converter that powers USB-C devices (20 V at 3 A) from a dc input voltage source such as a lithium-ion battery pack or a desktop computer power bus. Aspects of the project will include:
● Design of converter power stage and magnetics. Requires mastery of courses 1, 2, and 5.
● Simulation to verify correct steady-state operation. Requires mastery of courses 1, 2 and 4.
● Design of converter control system. Requires mastery of courses 3 and 4.
● Simulation to verify correct control system operation. Requires mastery of courses 3 and 4.
● Preparation of milestone reports documenting the design and its performance
The reports will be peer graded.