Budgeting and Scheduling Projects
A good project schedule helps all team members’ work together to meet project objectives. A project budget with realistic cost constraints is also an essential bedrock of any project. In this course you’ll learn to plan and stick to time and cost constraints in order to ensure the success of your projects.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Identify the resource needs of the project
2. Decompose work packages into activities
3. Define what is needed to estimate activity durations
4. Define milestones and create a milestone schedule
5. Determine the critical path and calculate float
6. Describe the purpose of using leads and lags in a project schedule
7. Estimate the quantities and costs of resources required to perform project activities
8. Select one of three common cost estimating techniques to determine a project budget
9. Use a responsibility assignment matrix to assign responsibilities
10. Recognize the components of a project’s quality management plan
-Get started in this module by reviewing the course overview and participating in the course survey.
Resource Needs & Quality Management
-In this module, we will decompose work packages into activities, identify the resource needs of the project, and use a responsibility assignment matrix (RAM) to assign responsibilities. In addition, you will have a lesson on Quality Management.
-In this module, we will define what is needed to estimate activity durations, estimate the quantities and costs of resources required to perform project activities, and discover three common cost estimating techniques to determine a project budget.
-In this module, we will create a network diagram, determine the critical path and calculate float, define milestones and a create a milestone schedule, describe the purpose of using leads and lags in a project schedule, and recognize the components of a project’s quality management plan.
-Wrap up this course by meeting our industry expert panelists, taking the final exam, and participating in our post course survey.