Basic Cryptography and Programming with Crypto API
- Basic Cryptography
- In this module we learn the basic concepts and principles of crytography, introduce the basic concept of cryptoanalysis using mono-alphabetic substitution cipher as an example, and discuss the one-time-pad and quantum key distribution concepts.
- Symmetric Key Cryptography
- In this module we present the basic mechanism of symmetric key crytography algorithms, discuss the DES and AES standard, describe the criteria for selecting AES standard, present the block cipher operating modes and discuss how the block swapping attacks and replay attacks can be prevented and detected.
- Asymmetric Key Cryptography
- In this module we will learn the modular arithmetic, the Euler Totient Theorm, the RSA Asymmetric Crypto Algorithm, use OpenSSL to realize the basic operations of RSA Crypto Algorithm, and Diffie-Hellman Symmetric Key Exchange Protocol to derive session keys.
- Develop Secure Programs with Crypto API
- In this module, we learn how to use Crypto API to write secure programs for encrypting and decrypting documents, and for signing and verify documents. We then apply the techniques to enhance the registration process of a web site which ensures the account created is actually belonging to the owner of the email account the request profile.