Applied Fields of Psychology
This course is designed to give students a broad overview of the field of Applied fields of psychology, emphasizing on significant concepts, theory, and research.The main objectives of the course:
- Develops an understanding of the social psychological concepts like attitudes,attributions, prosocial behaviour and groups.
- Helps students to learn how to promote good Health through changing attitudes and beliefs and provides insight on specific health problems like alcohol abuse, obesity and weight control and exercise.
- Provides a historical perspective on abnormal behaviour, illustrates the classification of psychological disorders and theoretical perspectives to psychological disorders.
- Enables students to deal with student variability, and understand the concepts of programmed instruction and classroom management.
- Develop counselling and clinical skills to deal with life situations.