ANOVA and Experimental Design
- Introduction to ANOVA and Experimental Design
- In this module, we will introduce the basic conceptual framework for experimental design and define the models that will allow us to answer meaningful questions about the differences between group means with respect to a continuous variable. Such models include the one-way Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and Analysis of Covariance (ANCOVA) models.
- Hypothesis Testing in the ANOVA Context
- In this module, we will learn how statistical hypothesis testing and confidence intervals, in the ANOVA/ANCOVA context, can help answer meaningful questions about the differences between group means with respect to a continuous variable.
- Two-Way ANOVA and Interactions
- In this module, we will study the two-way ANOVA model and use it to answer research questions using real data.
- Experimental Design: Basic Concepts and Designs
- In this module, we will study fundamental experimental design concepts, such as randomization, treatment design, replication, and blocking. We will also look at basic factorial designs as an improvement over elementary “one factor at a time” methods. We will combine these concepts with the ANOVA and ANCOVA models to conduct meaningful experiments.