Android App Components – Intents, Activities, and Broadcast Receivers
- MOOC Overview
- This module provides an introduction to the contents of the MOOC and summarizes effective learning strategies
- Introduction to Git
- This module provides an overview of the Git version control system.
- Android Intents
- This module describes the structure, functionality, and use of Android intents that provide an abstract description of an operation to perform or an event that has occurred.. Android uses intents as the "glue" that simplifies the integration of apps that reuse existing components, such as activities, services, and broadcast receivers.
- Android Activities
- This module describes the structure, functionality, and use of Android activities, which define user-facing operations that are displayed on a device screen. Activities are the most common type of Android component and are at the heart of app Android apps.
- Android Broadcast Receivers