Analyze Data to Answer Questions
- Organizing data to begin analysis
- Organizing data makes the data easier to use in your analysis. In this part of the course, you’ll learn the importance of organizing your data through sorting and filtering. You’ll explore these processes in both spreadsheets and SQL as you continue to prepare your data for analysis.
- Formatting and adjusting data
- As you move closer to analyzing your data, you’ll want to have the data formatted and ready to go. In this part of the course, you’ll learn all about converting and formatting data, including how SQL queries can help you combine data. You’ll also find out the value of feedback and support from your colleagues and how it can lead to new learning that you can apply to your work.
- Aggregating data for analysis
- As part of your analysis, you’ll often have to combine data in order to gain insights and complete business objectives. In this part of the course, you’ll explore the functions, procedures, and syntax involved in combining, or aggregating, data. You’ll learn how to do this from multiple cells in spreadsheets and from multiple database tables using SQL queries.
- Performing data calculations
- Calculations are one of the more common tasks that data analysts complete during analysis. In this part of the course, you’ll explore formulas, functions, and pivot tables in spreadsheets and queries in SQL, all of which will help with your calculations. You’ll also learn about the benefits of using SQL to manage temporary tables.