Advanced Styling with Responsive Design
- Week One: Style with Responsive Design
- What does it mean to have responsive design for your site? How can you tell if your existing site is responsive? This week we will begin with the theories behind the "mobile-first paradigm" - the idea that your mobile site should provide everything needed, not a pared-down version of a good page. We end the week by taking the first concrete step of using fluid measurements in your CSS.
- Week Two: Basic Concepts
- This week you will get a chance to put the theories into practice using media queries in your CSS. These queries can automatically detect the size of the browser being used to view the page so that you can decide what type of look you want to achieve. There will also be a discussion on common practices for designing your different views at various screen sizes ("viewports").
- Week Three: Use Existing Frameworks
- Week Four: Experiment!
- This week is dedicated to solving those little issues that pop up when you move from theory to practice. We look at more advanced framework options and also hear from people who are using the techniques covered in this course.