Advanced Manufacturing Enterprise
- The Concept of a Connected and Collaborative Enterprise
- The purpose of this module is to educate students on why a holistic approach is necessary for analyzing the impact of advanced manufacturing on the success of an enterprise.
- How to Build a Digitally Connected Enterprise
- The purpose of this module is to provide an overview of product lifecycle and describe the challenges and opportunities that organizations face in adoption of advanced manufacturing technologies. We will discuss the desire for collection of product lifecycle data as well as outline the required features for a highly connected enterprise. In addition, we will provide several examples of information-sharing infrastructures and will elaborate the concept of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system. Finally, we will discuss several examples of effective data collection technologies.
- Introduction to a Set of Supply Chain Management Tools & Integrated Capabilities
- In this module, we will introduce the current enterprise management tools (such as ERP, MRP, and MES) that are often employed to integrate capabilities of various entities through the supply chain. We will provide a broad overview of these tools, and will review the capabilities of each of them.
- Ensure a Robust Infrastructure
- In this module, we discuss the importance of measuring the performance of supply chains. We will also discuss decision analysis methods and techniques that facilitate decision making through the entire product lifecycle.