Advanced Instructional Strategies in the Virtual Classroom
Welcome to Advanced Instructional Strategies in the Virtual Classroom! This course will help you apply strategies to the critical areas of K-12 virtual instruction to significantly impact virtual education. We will examine the pitfalls beginning teachers run into and learn how to overcome them by focusing on the fundamentals that have the greatest impact on student learning in a blended or online environment. By the end of the course, you will be able to empower your students to be voracious learners who are ready to go out and make the world a better place to live.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the role of direct instruction within a virtual course.
• Establish direct communication and meaningful relationships with your students.
• Use instructional strategies that motivate and challenge your students to think more critically.
• Define at-risk students and examine effective strategies for teaching this demographic.
• Build an inclusive and thriving online community with students, parents, and other teaching professionals.