Academic Information Seeking
- Preparing your search process
- In Module 1, we focus on preparation. We explain how to use a log book to document your searches, provide ideas for generating search terms, introduce you to various types of literature, material and information resources, and to reference management.
- Performing your searches
- In module 2, you will learn to search for and find information. You will learn how to set up a search strategy and you will be introduced to various search methods and search techniques.
- Evaluating your search results
- In module 3, you will learn how to evaluate, use and document your search results. You will get tips on how to critically assess information, you will be introduced to concepts like copyright and plagiarism, and you will learn how to insert citations and bibliographies into your papers.