A Voice of Their Own. Women’s Spirituality in the Middle Ages.
- A Voice of their Own: Introduction
- In this Unit you will get an idea of all the topics that will be discussed throughout this course and you will start to learn about the many roles women adopted in the spirituality of the Middle Ages.
- THE HOUSE OF THE HEART: NUNS IN THE MIDDLE AGES
- This Unit focuses on the world of medieval nunneries from the Early to the Late Middle Ages. Here you will find the early varied forms of monasticism and also the well-established orders of the end of the medieval period. You will learn about enclosure, about life in nunneries and about the men and women who helped found and support them for their own purposes.
- The Space Within: Female Mysticism in the Middle Ages
- VOICES OF DISSENT
- SPIRITUAL LANDSCAPES