Skip to content
3D Printing Software
- Course Orientation
- You will become familiar with the course, your classmates, and our learning environment. The orientation will also help you obtain the technical skills required for the course.
- Module 1: Design Sketching for 3D Printing
- Design starts with capturing our ideas and a great starting point is to draw. In this module, you will learn how to draw and communicate your ideas. This will set you up with the foundation to express yourself in three dimensions in the subsequent modules.
- Module 2: Tinkercad
- Let’s move from expressing our ideas in two dimensions (sketching) to expressing them in three dimensions. You will learn how to use Tinkercad, which is a great software for beginners, before we learn more advanced modeling software (Fusion 360) in module 3.
- Module 3: Fusion 360 Basics
- From TinkerCAD, we are moving on to Fusion 360. This is a very powerful tool to turn your ideas into reality. You will learn the Basic user interface, to make sure you understand how to move in a 3D environment. You will learn how to build some primitive shapes and some sketch based shapes.
- Module 4: Fusion 360 Advanced
- From the basics, we move on to some advaned concepts. You will learn about the sculpt tool in Fusion 360. The sculpt tool gives you a lot of power, and allows everyone to build complex forms with a short learning curve.
- Module 5: 3D Scanning
- In this module we will cover different technologies for turning objects into 3d models. The devices we will demonstrate are the next engine 3d scanner, Microsoft Kinect, structure sensor, as well as any camera you have (including your phone).
- Course Conclusion